Our Vision, Mission, Theory of Change & Program
To contribute to the creation of a society free of all forms of exploitation and oppression.
To build a movement that fights for political empowerment, economic justice and the cultural dignity of the African-American community, especially the Black working class.
Our Theory of change
To educate and organize the Black working class to act and in their own self-interests and to build political and economic power in a unified, strategic way.
THE FREEDOM AGENDA
- We will fight for the human rights of Black people and all people.
- We will fight for political democracy.
- We will fight to advance beyond capitalism, which has demonstrated its structural incapacity to address basic human needs worldwide and, in particular, the needs of Black people.
- We will fight to end the super-exploitation of all workers.
- We will struggle to ensure that all people in society receive free, quality public education.
- We will struggle against state terrorism.
- We will struggle for a clean and healthy environment.
- We will fight to abolish police brutality, unwarranted incarceration and the death penalty.
- We will fight for gender equality, for women’s liberation, and for women’s rights to be recognized as human rights in all areas of personal, social, economic and political life.
- We will fight to ensure that lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people are recognized and respected as full and equal members of society, and of our communities.
- We support affirmative action.
- We will fight for reparations.
- We will struggle to build multiracial solidarity and alliances among all people of color.
- We will uphold the right of the African American people to self-determination.
- We support the liberation struggles of all oppressed people.